Information About All AFRIVOICE Web sites' Visitors
AFRIVOICE keeps track of the Web site and pages our customers visit within the Web site in order to determine what services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within AFRIVOICE to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area. Our service automatically gathers certain usage information like the numbers and frequency of visitors to the AFRIVOICE Web site and its areas. We only use such data in the aggregate. This collective data helps us improve our site to assure that it is as appealing as we can make it for as many of you as possible.
For example, the AFRIVOICE Web site may use a technology nicknamed "cookies" that tells us how and when pages in our site are visited, and by how many people. AFRIVOICE cookies do not collect personally identifiable information and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personally identifiable information to tell us who you are or even what your screen name or e-mail address is. We also may provide statistical "ratings" information, never information about you personally, to our AFRIVOICE Web site partners about how our members, collectively, use the AFRIVOICE Web site. We do this so they too can understand how much people use their areas and our site in order for them to provide you with the best possible Web experience as well.
The AFRIVOICE Web site uses "cookies" to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a the AFRIVOICE site or purchase services, a cookie helps AFRIVOICE to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same AFRIVOICE Web site, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the AFRIVOICE features that you customized.
Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer not to allow this feature. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the AFRIVOICE services or Web site you visit.
Information About You
Sometimes, we may specifically ask for information about you when you sign up to use a service or when you order a product. AFRIVOICE does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. We do, however, need certain information -- such as name, age, Internet address or screen name, billing address, type of computer, etc. -- in order to provide that service or product to you. However, all transactions are made via a secure link, and is processesed by PayPal, the most trusted brand in credit card processing services. We do not store or maintain a list of credit cards of our customers.
We may also use your information to let you know of promotions, special discounts, and new products and services about which you might be interested. You can choose not to receive such information if you don't want to by letting us know on the registration screen when you sign up for the product or service. We may ask you for information about your interests so that both you and we can take advantage of the interactivity of the online medium, but you may always choose to respond or not. Additionally, we may provide you with an opportunity to be listed in a directory on one of our AFRIVOICE- branded services -- these listings are also optional and you can make changes to or eliminate this information when you want to.
AFRIVOICE does not associate sensitive data, such as your race, religion, or political affiliations, with personally identifiable information. AFRIVOICE takes precautions to segregate any sensitive data you may provide on AFRIVOICE sites and services that reference your race, religion, sexual orientation, ethnicity or political affiliations.
Security of your Personal Information
AFRIVOICE secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. AFRIVOICE secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other Web sites through the use of Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encrypted protection.
Third Party Disclosure
We do not use or disclose information about your individual visits to AFRIVOICE Web sites or information that you may give us, such as your name, address, email address or telephone number, to any outside companies. However, we may share with our Web site partners aggregated statistical "ratings" information about the use of AFRIVOICE Web sites. AFRIVOICE may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to AFRIVOICE, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
AFRIVOICE Web sites will never disclose your personal information without notice unless it is required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
1. conform to the law or comply with legal process served on AFRIVOICE or the site;
2. protect and defend the rights or property of AFRIVOICE, an AFRIVOICE Web site; and,
3. act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of AFRIVOICE, its Web sites, or the public.
7003 Cipriano Road
Lanham, MD 20706
RULES OF USER CONDUCT
By posting information in or otherwise using any communications service, chat room, virtual television channel, message board, newsgroup, software library, or other interactive service that may be available to you on or through our Web sites, you agree that you will not upload, post, or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any content -- including text, communications, software, images, sounds, data, or other information -- that:
• is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another's privacy, tortious, contains explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of sexual acts (including but not limited to sexual language of a violent or threatening nature directed at another individual or group of individuals), or otherwise violates AFRIVOICE Corporation's rules or policies;
• victimizes, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
• infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other proprietary right of any party;
• constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail (also known as "spamming"), chain letters, any other form of unauthorized solicitation, or any form of lottery or gambling;
• contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any data or other information of any third party; or impersonates any person or entity, including any employee or representative of AFRIVOICE Corporation.
You also agree that you will not harvest or collect information about the users or members of the AFRIVOICE Web Sites or use such information for the purpose of transmitting or facilitating transmission of unsolicited bulk electronic e-mail or communications.
You further agree that you will not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from a child 12 years old or younger without appropriate prior verifiable parental consent.
AFRIVOICE Corporation generally does not pre-screen, monitor, or edit the content posted by users of communications services, chat rooms, message boards, newsgroups, software libraries, or other interactive services that may be available on or through the AFRIVOICE Web Sites. However, AFRIVOICE Corporation and its agents have the right at their sole discretion to remove any content that, in AFRIVOICE Corporation's judgment, does not comply with the Rules of User Conduct or is otherwise harmful, objectionable, or inaccurate. AFRIVOICE Corporation is not responsible for any failure or delay in removing such content.
REQUESTING PERMISSION TO USE COPYRIGHTED MATERIALS
The AFRIVOICE Web Sites contain various types of materials (including product information, files, articles, movies, cartoons, and other digital entertainment), photos, icons, and other copyrighted materials owned by us or our Content Providers. You may not use this information in any manner or for any purpose other than as expressly authorized in the AFRIVOICE Web Sites. The following information applies only to materials we own. You must contact the copyright owner directly for permission to use third party materials displayed on the AFRIVOICE Web Sites.
Do I Need Permission?
You are authorized to view, copy, download, and print for personal use only any copyrighted materials we own that are available on this web site, subject to the following conditions:
• The documents may be used solely for personal, noncommercial, and informational purposes. They may not be posted or distributed.
• The documents may not be modified.
• All copyright and other proprietary notices must be retained in the document.
• This permission does not extend to materials owned by other content providers that appear on this web site.
• You may not reproduce, copy, or redistribute the design or layout of the AFRIVOICE Web Sites, individual elements of the Web Site design, or our logos without our express written permission.
Permission for Commercial Use
Reproduction, copying, or redistribution for commercial purposes of any materials or design elements on the AFRIVOICE Web Sites is strictly prohibited without our express written permission. Permission is granted only when certain limited criteria are met.
To request such permission please send email to AFRIVOICELegal@corp.Afrivoice.net.
Please identify the requested material and the Web Site on which it is found in the subject line, e.g. "Afrivoice.net home page screenshot" or a "Screenshot of our Web Site in Netscape or Explorer browser frame." Include all of the following information in the body of the message:
• The content you wish to use and the URL where it is located.
• Where and how it will be used (for example, in an Internet use manual, in a newsletter, or in a movie).
• Where and how copies will be distributed and to what audience.
• How many copies will be produced and distributed.
• When you intend to publish, and your deadline for a response (no shorter than 1 week please).
• Other materials that will be associated with our content.
• Your name, title, company, address, email address, and phone number.
• In addition, please provide an example or mockup of the intended use, either by sending a file attached to your email (in a format readable with a PC), or by fax to (973) 438-1455. We will need all of the above in order to evaluate your request. Please expect 7 to 10 days for processing all requests.
We reserve the right to refuse permission to copy, distribute, broadcast, or publish any of our copyrighted material.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement
AFRIVOICE is a registered trademark of Serengeti Partners International, Inc. its subsidiaries, and affiliate companies respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask our Content Providers and those posting materials to the AFRIVOICE Web Sites to do the same. If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied and is accessible on the AFRIVOICE Web Sites in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please let us know right away by providing our copyright agent with the following information:
• the electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or the person authorized to act on the owner's behalf.
• a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed and a description of the infringing activity.
• identification of the location where the original or an authorized copy of the copyrighted work exists, for example the URL of the Web Site where it is posted or the name of the book in which it has been published.
• identification of the URL or other specific location on the AFRIVOICE Web Sites where the material that you claim is infringing is located; you must include enough information to allow us to locate the material.
• your name, address, telephone number, and email address.
• a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
• a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf. Our agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on the AFRIVOICE Web Sites can be reached as follows:..
Chief Technical Officer
Serengeti Partners International, Inc.
7003 Cipriano Road
Lanham, MD 20706
This contact information is only for reporting copyright infringement. Contact information for other matters is provided elsewhere on the AFRIVOICE Web Sites.